Re: how to set my email address on outgoing mail?

    "Richard" == Richard Cobbe <richard.cobbe@verizon.net> writes:

    Richard> Lo, on Wednesday, January 15, Adam did write:
    >> On my ISP shell account I can set my email address in Emacs
    >> when using RMAIL but this doesn't work on my Debian box, is
    >> this exim's doing?

    Richard> I don't think so; I'm able to configure my outgoing email
    Richard> address successfully using VM, XEmacs, and Debian.  Have
    Richard> you set user-mail-address?  What's showing up in the From
    Richard> header when you send mail from your Debian machine?

It should work, unless you have exim overwriting it. The easiest way
to do this on a Debian box is to usually to add a rule like

localuser : email@isp.com

to the file /etc/email-addresses. That works for all MUA's that use
the local MTA (i.e. exim) to send mail as long as you have not hacked
up your exim.conf file too much.....

Cheers!
Shyamal