Re: How Can I Switch to System-V ?

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 08:36:16AM +0100, Alberto Cabello Sanchez wrote:
> Hi,
> Where could I find information about BSD and SisV (no AIX or
> Solaris or Linux or ...) and their differences ?

try in /usr/share/doc/sysvinit for your sysv based system (which
is probably what you're using right now), and the same place
for file-rc as well.  i'm not sure if you really want to have
both installed, so i'd recommend browsing the documentation of the
other one online or downloading the .deb and extracting it's
contents to another dir for offline browsing.

that failing there's always

http://www.google.com/search?q=sysv+init+bsd+init+difference

as another starting point :)

	sean