Re: What is Block-Major-114?

This one time, at band camp, Alan Chandler said:

> > > (I have no idea what block-major-114 is either.)
> >
> > Looks like it's possibly for ataraid:
> >
> >    http://www.lanana.org/docs/device-list/CHANGELOG
> >

> Don't have raid installed - this is my desktop:-)  I have just recently put in
> lvm wonder if that has any side effects like this?

 LVM includes all of the support for handling read/write operations on
 physical volumes (hard disks, RAID-Systems, magneto optical, etc.,
 multiple devices (MD), see mdadd(8) or even loop devices, see losetup(8)),
 creating volume groups from one or more physical volumes and creating
 one or more logical volumes in volume groups.

It looks like it supports, and expects, RAID, so it seems natural that
it would hunt for a RAID array at startup.
|  Stephen Gran                  | "Poor man... he was like an employee to |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | me." -- The police commisioner on       |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | "Sledge Hammer" laments the death of    |
|  			         | his bodyguard                           |