Re: does slrn host a collection of all newsgroups only temporarly?

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 03:40:55PM +0100, J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 14:49:09 +0100, Robert Land wrote:
> > I'm new to slrn and did a apt-get install a few weeks ago. I'm not that
> > sure anymore but I thought apt-get had prompted for a valid news server
> > while being in installation mode.
> > Addionaly I also thought slrn had pulled all newsgroups from the prompted
> > newsserver (at least I have this warning about 'it could take a few
> > minutes' in my mind).
> >
> > After this installation I didn't bother about this programm - up to today
> > - realizing there was no .newsrc or .jnewsrc on my disk.
>
> It asks whether to fetch the newsgroup descriptions (not their content -
> that takes quite a bit longer than a few minutes) which it caches in
> /var/lib/slrn/newsgroups.dsc .
>
> HTH,
> Ray

I thought of all active newsgroups on the nntp server (I guess
you meant that by the newsgroup descriptions) - yes - not
their contents.
The action the docs describe by using the -create flag.
Grepping in the root dir (apt-get install only seems to work
in su modi) or in the spool directories resulted in no
success.

Robert