Re: Can spamassassin remove SIGs?

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 07:04:50PM -0800, Nunya wrote:

| For now, I've set my .muttrc to color signatures as "black/black", which
| is doing a pretty good job.

Look at the 'tofu' package.  It will do what you want.

| But since most sigs follow quite regular patterns structurally as
| well as content-wise, a bayesian filter should be able to strip them
| effectively.

The correct structure is as follows :
    The character sequence '\n-- \n' begins the sig
    The sig continues until the end of the MIME part

Thus it is quite straightforward to automatically identify and remove
correctly formatted signatures from mesages.

-D

--
[Perl] combines all the worst aspects of C and Lisp: a billion different
    sublanguages in one monolithic executable.