Re: No email for some users

on Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 12:33:27PM -0800, Jeremy Brooks (jeremyb@whirljack.net) wrote:
> hello,

> I have a woody box that acts as a web/email server.  I host some sites
> for other people, using the ~username functionality of apache.  By
> default, those users can send and receive email.  I would prefer that
> they do not have access to email...is there a way to specify that
> certain users do not have email access?  I'm using exim 3 and qpopper
> to allow mail retrieval.

Sending or receiving.

For receiving, you can modify your MTA to /dev/null or reject mail to
specified accounts.

For sending, your best bet is to run a second system as a mailserver,
allow only it to send outbound port 25 mail (via firewall rules), and
allow mail for only specified accounts (via MTA configuration).

Peace.

    Of the top 24 industrialized nations, only Turkey has the government
    covering a smaller percentage of medical costs than the USA.
    - Laurie Garret, _Betrayal of Trust_