Re: Kernel upgrade time

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 14:28:05 -0800, Tom wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 03:00:13PM -0500, Paul Morgan wrote:
>> "Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting
>> to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we
>> know we know.  We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we
>> know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown
>> unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know."
>>
>> - Donald Rumsfeld, US Secretary of Defense, Winner of British Plain
>>   English Campaign's 2003 "Foot in Mouth" award.
>
> Why doesn't this statement make sense?
>
> known known = square root of 4
> known unknown = how many fingers am I holding up?
> unknown unknown = the color of gilligan's shirt, to Shaka Zulu...
>
> if you're gonna bitch don't be boring :-)

Hey, I didn't even offer an opinion, my sig was a statement of fact:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3254852.stm

The award wasn't for a nonsensical statement, it was for not speaking
plain english;  you are the one assuming that it may be considered
nonsensical :)

Anyway, I've changed the sig now, it was a bit too long.

--

"I think that gay marriage is something that should be between a man and
a woman."

-- Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of California