Booting Problems with grub

Dear all,

booting Debianized kernels with grub does not create any troubles.
However, when I try to build a kernel myself optimized for my laptop,
the kernel panics because it believes not to be able to mount root.
Except for the initrd, I exactly copied the configuration settings.
Of course, the correct IDE-drivers for accessing the disk as well as
the filesystems are statically linked into the kernel.

Any idea?

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP? -> <http://www.rawip.org> |