openGL cannot do fullscreen in dual monitor config

just tried dual monitors with two card (geForce FX 5600 Ultra, nvidia drivers and ATI Radeon 9800, ati drivers), debian unstable, X 4.2.1:

  one monitor: openGL works fullscreen or windowed

  two monitors: openGL works in window, not fullscreen

  tested with xscreensaver hacks

considering that these are two fairly different implementations of openGL (I think, they both provide openGL libs and their own way to set up two monitors) - is there something that I should set up to be able to run fullscreen openGL apps fullscreen? or is some way to set up dual monitors better than other when using fullscreen openGL apps?

  TIA

	erik