Re: GUI login screen.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Colin Watson" <cjwatson@debian.org>
To: "debian-user" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 06:32
Subject: Re: GUI login screen.

> On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 05:57:30AM -0600, Hoyt Bailey wrote:
> > From: "Monique Y. Herman" <spam@bounceswoosh.org>
> > > I think you *can* set things up such that root can log in from the
> > > gui. It's just not set up that way in the *default* debian
> > > configuration.
> >
> > So true.  A point made by others as well. However knowing that while a
> > good thing doesnt help me. What program supplies gui login?  Or maybe
> > what config file sets up the login screen?
>
> In gdm (the "GNOME Display Manager"; if you're not using that, please
> tell us what your login screen looks like, otherwise we can't tell!),
> select "Configure" from the "System" menu.
>
> > I dont like the idea that debian builds that jail
>
> Please, talk about jails is completely over the top.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]

I am using gdm.  If jail is over the top then you cannot know how I feel.
One of the contributors to the list made a refrenct to the location of
Debian Reference I looked and found Debian Users Guide as well perhaps they
will help.  Thank you for the information.  I'll try your suggestions.
Regards;
Hoyt