Unidentified subject!

While installing an updated fvwm2 from source, I decided to include gnome
support using apt-get to install libgnome-dev and I got the following
response:

debian:/home/sttng359/fvwm/fvwm-2.4.17# apt-get install libgnome-dev
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  gdk-imlib-dev libpng2-dev
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libpng-dev libqt3-dev
  gdk-imlib-dev libgnome-dev libpng2-dev
0 packages upgraded, 3 newly installed, 2 to remove and 22  not upgraded.
5 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/844kB of archives. After unpacking 3211kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

I just installed libqt3-dev a little while ago so I could use the
gui config for linux-2.6 and I had the reverse situation.  Why can't I
have both installed at once, as far as I can tell, they should be
independent of each other.  I've had to switch several times already for
compiling different software packages.  If the main libraries can both be
installed, why can't the dev support files also be?  I can understand
debian refusing to let me install both exim and sendmail, but this seems
pointless.  This has been one of the biggest nussiances I've had since I
switched from redhat.

--
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.

Fingerprint: B3B9 D669 69C9 09EC 1BCD  835A FAF3 7A46 E4A3 280C