Re: EXIM & SPAM filtering

----- Original Message -----
From: "Raymond Gree" <raymond@grenet.org>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 9:12 PM
Subject: EXIM & SPAM filtering

> Hi,
> as most of you I receive undesired email -spam-
> I run my own mail server Exim on a Debian Woody
> is there a way to use spamassassin , mailfilter or other
> to kill these mails
> the only information I have been able to find is when using
> a fetch software
> thank you very much for your help
> Raymond

MailFilter tries to gets rid of spam before it's downloaded
on your computer.
Afterwards, if the mail is downloaded, you can use
SpamAssassin and Amavis(ClamAv) to perform spamfiltering
and viruschecking. There is a lot of documentation around
This contains good info:
http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/config_docs/exim-spamassassin/node1.html

Regards,
Benedict