Re: GUI login screen.

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 08:47:50PM -0800, Paul Johnson said
> On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 06:02:27PM -0600, Hoyt Bailey wrote:
> > There are a few things I dont understand about Debians login screen.
> > 1.  Root cannot log in on this screen.  Why?
>
> Because it's dangerous and stupid.  Just use su -m when you need root,
> and end that session as soon as you don't need root anymore.

Better still, sudo, so you have to consciously think about whether each
command requires root privileges.  Also, the audit trail is handy if you
screw up.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:     Becker cryptographic gamma global Mena Axis Of Evil Mafia