Re: Going to give it another shot-need more help

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 10:45:09PM -0800, Mark Healey wrote:
> Many of you have read my saga of trying to install Debian and
> witnessed my frustration.
>
> The main problem is that my onboard nic isn't supported by the kernel
> on the CD and there is no module for it installed either.
>
> This left me with no networking so I couldn't use any of the clever
> debian install utilites.
>
> I recieved many suggestions to remedy the problem, non of them easy.

Adding a $15 nic isn't easy?   I've had problems with particular cards
and have done this a number of times.  It seems reasonable to expect
you could be up and running, networking included, just with the default
CD, then upgrade away after that.  But maybe there's no PCI or ISA slots,
or I'm obviously missing something.  Good luck!

Ken

--
Ken Irving, Research Analyst, fnkci@uaf.edu, 907-474-6152
Water and Environmental Research Center