Re: hdparm script

On Monday November  3 at 10:47pm
Alfredo Valles <alfredo@bioinfo.cu> wrote:

> > > I don't see what you mean. I have hdparm installed.
> > >
> > > I just want it to run everytime the machine start. I think that
> > > /etc/rc.boot would be a good place for my init script but I'm not
> > > sure.
> >
> > How about reading the bloody documentation. /usr/share/doc/hdparm
>
> OK genius. My documentation in /usr/share/doc/hdparm says nothing
> about the where to put the script. I think I'm asking a very simple
> question, not entirely related with hdparm.

How about this part, from README.Debian:
These settings can now be set in either /etc/default/hdparm or in
/etc/apm/20hdparm.  I advise against setting the same features in both -
unpredictable things could happen.

And a quick look in /etc/init.d ...
/etc/init.d/hdparm

Well, what do you know! It's like magic, set the /etc/default/hdparm
correctly, and the changes are automagically reflected on boot!

How about that!
find / -name "*hdparm*"

And about 'where to put start up scripts,' there are lots of HOWTO's
available, it's really not that hard to find them.
http://google.com/linux
--
-johann koenig
Now Playing: The Donnas - Don't Get Me Busted : Turn 21