stability of libc6-i686?

Unstable has a new package available: libc6-i686.  Apparently libc6
optimized for the 686 architecture.  Now, this sounds attractive to me,
but the package warns of commercial apps potentially blowing chunks.
IBM's jdk is specifically called out for this.

Does it seem fairly safe to go ahead and install this?  If the problem
is only with commercial apps, it shouldn't crash my system or anything,
right?

--
monique
PLEASE don't CC me.  Please.  Pretty please with sugar on top.