Re: blog-lite for Debian Stable?

>> Thanks for the info. I looked at some of the packages and am
>> impressed. My server (that's using the term a bit optimisticly) might
>> not be up to the task of running MySQL. It already has PHP installed,
>> but is a little underpowered.
>> Think I'll start off with a simple text-editor or use OOo, then ftp
>> them to the server. Not a true blog, but a starting place.
>
> I recommend blosxom.  It is in 'testing', but it is pretty much just a
> simple perl cgi script.  No fancy perl modules or database needed, just
> a web server.  In addition to running it as a standard cgi-bin script,
> there is a mode that will (re)generate static html pages.
> Worst case is you install it manually -- see http://www.blosxom.com
>
> If you can run it dynamically on your underpowered system, there are a
> ton of plugins to add all kinds of functionality.
>
> -marc

Thanks for the info. Looks like LOTS of recommendations for blosxom! I
edited my /etc/apt/sources.list to point to both Debian Stable and Debian
Testing and installed via "apt-get install blosxom". Looks like a winner!
I started putting together a home page with hyperlinks to SquirrelMail
(for family e-mail) and blosxom. It'll take a while to do a good homepage,
but the tools are there and connected. WooHoo!
On a sidenote, my 7 year old son came home early from 2nd grade today with
a temperature. What a BAD day for a kid to be sick!