Re: crossover ethernet networking

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 11:04, Bill Lovett wrote:
> I need to connect another machine to my home network, but my Linksys
> router is already full. My debian server happens to have a second
> ethernet card in addition to the main one which connects to the router.
> I'd like to connect the second card to the new machine via a crossover
> cable. How do I go about setting that up?

I think you just have to connect with the crossover cable and assign the
new machine an ip address that hasn't been used.

Depends if you have firewalls up or not or anything that actually sees
which interface things are going out of.  I guess the main thing is to
look at your routing table.  (route).

Plug it in and try, and come back if you run into problems.  ^_^

Good Luck.

Marshal