Re: Simple little basic config questions

> I don't think anything is broken in your setup.  I do seem to
> recollect that, when I used RH, su- was able to use Xwindows, so it
> may be that some distros execute this differently.

Yes, Richard, apparently I had work habits based on the RedHat setup,
and didn't realize that under debian I'd have to add root to the
access control list.

My next question has to do with disabling screen blanking and power
saving under X. This also may be the result of moving into a somewhat
different setup when I moved from RedHat to debian.

I had added to ~/.Xclients:

  xset s off
  xset -dpms

But now that is having no effect.