Re: Configure PnP Card before Kernel loads modules

thanks andreas,
I will try that.

stupid question:

is sound-slot-0 just a random name?

about the kernel question:
I''m using the 2.4.18 kernel, but he does not auto configure my card - maybe this is switched of by default and I have to configure it (good tip!)

thanks
andreas

Andreas Janssen wrote:

Modules from /etc/modules are loaded by /etc/init.d/modutils which is
symlinked to /etc/rcS.d/S20modutils. If you want to have your script
run before that, symlink it to /etc/rcS.d/S??modutils where ?? is less
than 20.

If instead you used update-modules to add a line

alias sound-slot-0 modulename

to /etc/modules.conf, the driver will be loaded when needed.

By the way, are using kernel 2.2 or 2.4? 2.4 has improved isa pnp
support, /maybe/ you won't need to run isapnptools.

best regards
       Andreas Janssen