Re: Converting a partition from NTFS to Ext3

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:33:25 +1100
"Joyce, Matthew" <MJoyce@ccia.org.au> wrote:

> > windows to linux!
> > >

> > > You can't convert the partition in-place, you'll have to
> > copy the data
> > > somewhere else, format it as ext3, and then copy it back.
> > >

> > That is actually the case for every filesystem conversion
> > (that I can think of).
> >

> ext2 -> ext3, nope.
> fat32 -> ntfs, nope.

and your point?

ext2 is built on top of ext2.

fat32 to ntfs, kissing cousins, micro$oft filesystems. they are related,
and not very different.

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers@pe.net>	Registered Linux User #96112
ICQ#:     AIM#:       YAHOO: