Re: Getting HP to support Debian

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 10:25:26PM +0100, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> ..you say HP support's Debian Linux.  Both may well be true, the sheer
> size of HP suggest one of these support schemes may be un-autorized
> by HP's corporate board.  They might wanna know, and, trust needs
> a minimum of spine, and we all know long term business needs trust.

They employ many people to develop Debian GNU/Linux and have donated
quite a bit of our core infrastructure. Their Linux Chief Technology
Officer is a former Debian Project Leader and a prolific Debian
developer. I believe that HP employ more Debian developers than any
other company in the world. If you think all that's unauthorized by
their board, you're delusional, pure and simple.

> ..my conspiracy is simple:  I say boycott HP until they ditch SCO.
> I feel our (Debian's) spine more worth than whatever money they
> are peeing down our back's.

Please moderate your rants until you're better informed.

Cheers,