Re: netiquette: CCing on lists

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 03:36:47PM -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:

| But then I have to ask -- do some clients automagically CC the poster,
| or are people going to the trouble of CCing manually?

I forget who already mentioned it this time around, but it is
automatic.  Some mail clients aren't current/advanced/sophisticated
enough to have a specific "reply-to-list" function.  In those mail
clients, the user only has the choice of "reply" or "reply-to-all".
Since "reply" would send a private message, those users instead use
the "reply-to-all" function.  Thus you and the list both get put in
the To/Cc headers and both addresses receive a copy of the message.
Unless the user goes through the trouble to manually remove your
address and leave only the list's address as the recipient.

-D

--
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
        Philippians 4:13

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/