Re: spamassassin lock file in procmail?

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 at 18:12 GMT, Mark Ferlatte penned:

> Well, if you're going to run spamassassin instead of spamd, then it's
> proba= bly a good idea; it will prevent more than one copy of SA
> running at a time, wh= ich will keep it from crushing your mailserver.
>
> SA is _really_ slow and resource intensive when run standalone; I'd
> highly recommend setting up spamd and spamc instead, and then not
> worry about the lock.

Actually, I *am* running spamd/c ... so it sounds like the lock file is
unnecessary?

In other words, it sounds like, SA/spamc *do* handle file locking; the
procmail lock is just suggested to keep system load down?

--
monique
PLEASE don't CC me.  Please.  Pretty please with sugar on top.