Re: What would happen to Challenge/Response if ...

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 11:11:48PM -0600, Monique Y. Herman said
> Is sa-learn really so intensive that multiple instances will bring down
> a machine, or is that mostly a concern for older hardware?

Yup.  When I run it over one message at a time, it takes maybe 3 seconds
per message.  For 5 at once, it takes about 30 seconds.  For 32 at once,
it took long enough and thrashed my machine enough that I ended up using
magicsysrq to reboot.  This is on a p3-450, 2.4.22.  2.6 was better, but
I was never game to try it on a huge pile to see how it would handle it.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:       CIDA Qaddafi CDMA White House Ft. Bragg CDMA revolution