Re: Who unsubscribed me from this list?

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 10:06:43AM -0400, David P James wrote:
> from this list. I've got that plus viruses it seems. I was getting
> upwards of 15MB of virus emails per day to a 10MB account. All it takes
> is to have a broken connection for half day (or night) when you're not
> arround to check on it for things to overfill. But my brother and
> father (same ISP) don't get that volume of virus emails since neither
> is subscribed to this list.

It's a fact of life.  There are several things you can do -- set your
bios to resume after power failure, run fetchmail at boot, and have a
way to check things remotely; and be able to use a backup connection to
check things when away or your connection is down.  Or unsubscribe from
lists preemptively and resubscribe later.