Re: Gender in language (was Re: way-OT: regularity of german v. english [was: <snip>])

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 05:08:11AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Here's another one:
> http://www.nature.com/nsu/030616/030616-15.html
> 'But the Y chromosomes of the regions tell a different story. "The
> Celts weren't pushed to the fringes of Scotland and Wales; a lot of
> them remained in England and central Ireland,"'

I love how science reinforces the most knuckle-dragging, politically
incorrect stereotypes:

"Similar studies, including one by the same team, have looked at
differences in mitochondrial DNA, which we inherit from our mothers.
They found little regional variation because females tended to move to
their husbands."

---

http://pinkfloydhyperbase.dk/solo/amused.htm#PERFECT%20SENSE,%20part%201
"Why do I have to keep reading these technical manuals?"