xfwm4 crashes at startup

Does anybody else know?

klaus imgrund <claus.imgrund@terra.com.br> wrote:
On Thursday 23 October 2003 04:45, you wrote:
> Do you have any idea why the settings manager would
> suddenly become inoperable in xfwm4?
>
> On start-up the background is a black screen, and all
> the font sizes have gone back to their default sizes.
> The panel tray that is normally a thin bar across the
> bottom of the screen has collapsed into a little
> square that strongly resembles a waffle. It has also
> migrated to the top of the screen. If I right-click
> on it, and try to pick any selection from the
> right-click pop-up menu, the whole window manager
> crashes and I go into gnome.
>
> Is it the wallpaper or something? It keeps happening
> to me over and over, and I don't know how to correct
> the problem. It's very frustrating.

> Thomas Pomber

Sorry - can't help you there.Never used it and at the moment I got gentoo with
gnome 2.4 on this box which is slightly screwed up anyway.
You could try to run xfwm4 directly from the login w/o gnome and see what
happens.There seems to be a lot of different things breaking with different
distros with all that gtk1/2 migration.

Sorry,

Klaus