ProFTPd over NAT

Hello

Bit of a strange problem.

I'm running ProFTPd + inetd on a machine with a private IP address (10.0.0.1).
The router forwards all incoming traffic from the public IP to the private
IP.

When I FTP to the server over the Internet, it connects fine. As soon as I
list the current directory, it seems to be trying to connect to the private
IP (see below). Where do I tell ProFTPd/inetd to use the public IP instead?

230 User greg logged in.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> ls
227 Entering Passive Mode (10,0,0,1,128,37).

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
--
Greg