[OT] dvd playback jitter

I seem to get a wierd jitter with dvd playback on my laptop. Sharp edges
in the images are broken in horizontal lines during movement (in the
film). This happened with both xine and mplayer.
I got the same behavior when trying to do a simple one/two/three pass
encode using mencoder using some helps I found.
Encoding using more complex parameters seemed to solve the problem
(especially on lower resolutions).
I don't know if this could cause the problem, but it seems that my dvd
is locked in region 1 (still changable) and the dvd is region 2. It
didn't stop it from playing though.

--
Micha Feigin
michf@math.tau.ac.il