Re: Filesystem Choice

on Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 11:05:33AM +0100, Rus Foster (rghf@fsck.me.uk) wrote:
> Hi All,
> Is there any type of filesystem that can do inline backups such as
> NetApps WAFL or VMS's versioning system.
>
> Or is there something I can lay over the top. This is for backup
> purposes so it will be all media types

you have to solve both the hw and the fs issues ....
and backup methodology of what you want to be "recoverable and how far
back in history"

you can see which fs works for ya
	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/FileSystem/#FS

you probably looking for  something like sans and nas devices
to put your fs onto  or "network raid" or the "free version of it"

	https://sourceforge.net/projects/drbd/

c ya
alvin