Re: OT: Martin Krafft - mail bouncing

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 04:42:21PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> We have taken the discussion up in private. The problem is in fact
> the dynamic IP of the dialup, which I filter using the dynablock
> RBL. It just happens that these RBL filter > 65% of all my spam
> before it hits the content filters. At peak 150k mails/day this
> makes the difference between a usable system and one that is DoS'ed.

I've managed to block a lot of spam (didn't measure, but my guess
is that I blocked >70%), using only lists that do not block dialup:

reject_rbl_client relays.visi.com,
reject_rbl_client relays.ordb.org,
reject_rbl_client sbl.spamhaus.org,
reject_rbl_client proxies.relays.monkeys.com,
reject_rbl_client opm.blitzed.org,
reject_rbl_client cbl.abuseat.org

You may try these... They should leave a manageable amount of mail to
spamassassin, or wharever else you use after the blocklists.

J.