Re: Why such volume with W32/Swen@MM?

I'm finding similar things here. I've had my domain a number of years and this is the first time I've been affected by an M$ email worm. Usually I sit back and laugh, but not this time. I'm new to the debian-* lists and recently posted for the first time. All of the copies of the virus have been to a single email of mine, the address which I'm sending from now. Nor have I gotten a single copy of this at work, which I've had for 3+ years. Though I've never posted to usenet or debian lists using that address. Though I do post regularly to a public mailing list via work and home, though it is not relayed to usenet.

I've also got my wife, mother, and brother-in-law on my mail server, they have gotten *zero* copies of this virus.

Reading what others have been reporting, I'm really starting to suspect debian-* lists, or more likely the usenet copy of such data, as being the source for getting recipients.

I also wonder if some of the zombies that spammers use to blast out msgs might have been compromised by this virus as well.

I'm really thinking about the passive OpenBSD firewall option to block Windoze machines from talking to my SMTP server. :-)

Regards,
Chad