Re: xprint probs

Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:
I finally got xprint (xprt-xprintorg + xprt-common) to work, but I
had to hack /etc/init.d/xprint to make it start at all.

It works now, but it prints everything in the Courier font. In
August there was a thread on this list about this very problem,
but the solution suggested (which involved installing a non-Debian
 mozilla in /usr/local) seems less than optimal and I don´t want
to try that.

Before giving up completely I have to ask: is there anyone who has
 xprint running properly? What special options need to be set?

Regards, Jan

I am using:

1. Mozilla 1.4-4
2. xprt-xprintgorg 0.0.8.cvs2003050
3. CUPS version 1.1.19 final

All worked well "out of the box" without any edits to the initscripts. Dunno what your problem might be, as I haven't had any problems getting xprint to work correctly with Mozilla in Debian here. I am tracking Testing/Unstable, and I think most of the above packages may be from Unstable.

Maybe you could explain "work" and "doesn't work" in a bit more detail?? Besides printing everything in Courier font (mine doesn't) what else didn't it do before you made the edits? What were the edits you had to make in the /etc/init.d/xprint file to make it "work"??

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-