Re: MS mail bombs

On Saturday 20 September 2003 8:12 pm, Michael C. wrote:

<snip>

> My ISP thinks it's doing me a favor by removing windows executables
> and throwing a virus warning in as an attachment in its place.  So
> most of this junk is only around 15K but on dial-up it still bogs me
> down.

<snip>

My ISP seems to be blocking the whole problem now, unless the worms are
on some sort of a timer, switching on and off (wouldn't that be cute?).
No annoying messages for a few hours, and they (the ISP) even had the
nerve to email me to ask me to delete messages from my inbox because I
was over the threshold. This morning there was far more junk there, and
yet no similar message, so I am taking this to mean that they have
switched the automatic notification back on because they are now
blocking all the worms.

Cheers

Geoff