Re: print HTML in "B" size

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 11:57:34AM -0800, Ken Irving wrote:
| On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 03:20:37PM -0400, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
| > I want to print a certain web page[1], which includes color and
| > images, on "B" size paper (aka "Ledger", 11"x17").  My printer can
| > handle 11x17 just fine, but I don't know how to convert the HTML to PS
| > for the printer.  Neither galeon nor mozilla allow choosing that paper
| > size, nor do they let me choose an arbitrary size.
| >
| > What tool(s) will fit the bill here?
|
| In galeon I usually replace the printer command with:
|
|     psnup -n 1 > preview.ps

That is useful to know.  Using
    psnup -n 2 -p tabloid -P letter
(and then editing the resultant file so the header comments specified
the correct page size) gave a reasonable result.  Not what I was
originally looking for, but it would have sufficed in this case.
(now, if only the printer would have printed it right; the printer is
old and can only handle really simple L1 PS.  Sometimes it is hard to
get the PS converted down correctly so the printer will print it
correctly).

| psresize command can be used to change the target size.

This wouldn't have helped in this case -- I wanted the entire HTML to
fit on one piece of paper -- but this will be handy at other times
when I do want to scale a letter-sized page to tabloid.

Thanks,
-D

--
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to
all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.  But when he

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/