FTP

A few days ago somebody had a question about ftp, and I accidentally
lost that message. But anyway, the gist was that the original poster
could use ftp in Windows but not in Debian, and couldn't figure out why,
and he was getting a lot of advice about passive vs. active mode.

A thought occurred to me that it could be the firewall. Be sure you
haven't blocked outgoing ftp. I had the same issue with ssh - couldn't
get it to work despite lots of helpful advice from people, only to
discover (to my acute embarassment) that I was blocking ssh with my
firewall.

regards,
Robert