Re: CUPS insisting on completing print job

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 12:00:23PM -0700, Deryk Barker wrote:
> I'm running woody with CUPs controlling an Epson C82.
>
> Problem: while configuring and testing a PDF converter in Open Office
> I accidentally sent a raw pdf file to the printer. 200+KB...
>
> And here is where the problem starts: I cannot persuade (presumably)
> CUPS to stop printing the damn thing. I've lprm'ed the request from
> the queue, I've turned off the printer, I've disconnected the power
> cable from the printer - for 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 24 HOURS!! (The
> manual says 10 seconds will clear the print buffer).

Derek,

I've encoutered a similar problem using hpijs.. Not sure if this is the
case with Epson..

Try "ps -Af" and look for printer processes.  With hpijs, there
are 4 or so processes started up for each queue, and when you abort, a
couple still keep on running.. IIRC, mine has a process called
"parallell" or some such..  Anyway, if memory serves correctly, the UID
_may_ be lp..  If you can identify any printing processes running, kill
them off and that should end the printing.