Re: Strange ownership when mounting a MINIX floppy

on Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 01:33:06PM +0200, Francesc Oller (francesc@mat.upc.es) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After doing:
>
> prompt$ superformat /dev/fd0 hd
> prompt$ /sbin/mkfs -t minix /dev/fd0
> prompt$ mount /floppy
> prompt$ ls -la /floppy
>
> drwxr-xr-x  2  francesc 232   4096 Set 8 10:10 .
> drwxr-xr-x  3  root     root  4096 Set 8 10:10 ..
>
> Where does gid 232 come from?

Is there a GID 232 on your system?  What group ID is the floppy mounted
as?

> If I use ext2 instead of minix 'francesc francesc' is displayed instead
> of 'francesc 232'

You're mounting a minix floppy as an ext2 fs?  Or you're creating an
ext2fs floppy?

Peace.

  Backgrounder on the Caldera/SCO vs. IBM and Linux dispute.
      http://sco.iwethey.org/