Re: APM versus ACPI

El lunes,  8 de septiembre de 2003, a las 13:51, Jason Chambers escribe:
>  "If both ACPI and Advanced Power Management (APM) support are
>    configured, whichever is loaded first shall be used."

I suspected this. Which option do you think is better? I am supposing
that is ACPI, as it should be a newer technology. Indeed, default
bf2.4 kernel has APM support enabled, but *not* ACPI.

By the way, does ACPI support imply running the kernel in APIC mode?
Or maybe is APIC considered bleeding edge and thus only supported in
experimental kernels?

Thanks in advance for correcting me.

Regards, Ismael
--
"Tout fourmille de commentaries; d'auteurs il en est grande cherté"