Re: Problems with Promise PDC 20265 raid on ASUS Motherboard

Thank you to those who replied.  I've decided to adopt Henrique's suggestion
and go with Software Raid.  There seems to be little point in persevering
with the onboard chip if it does not offer better performance.  I've copied
everything over to hda1,  modified lilo.conf and fstab and verified
everything works off hda.  I've also printed out the software raid howto.
Hopefully tonight I will get the chance to setup the array and copy
everything back.

And thanks, Roberto, for posting the relevant parts of your kernel config.  I
tried compiling with the necessary modifications but unfortunately it did not
help.  I'd love to know what the problem was but I was simply spending too
much time on it.  And after reading Henrique's posts it seems fairly clear
that standard Linux software raid is preferable.

By the way, I am planning to try an initial chunksize of 32.  Any comments as
to whether this is appropriate.

regards,

Darryl