Re: Woody Stable Kernel

Andreas Janssen wrote:
> > You are not running the bf24 kernel.  It is not installed.
>
> No, it can be installed. I reinstalled Woody on an old machine (just to
> be sure).

Me too.  :-)

> So the 2.4 boot floppy kernel _is_ installed and running, but apt does
> not know it. This is what I meant when I wrote "Because the package
> management does not know of the install kernel." It doesn't know it is
> installed.

Thanks for being persistent about that.  I did not know that was one
of the possibilities.  You are absolutely correct.

This just adds to my believe that it is a disservice to the users to
leave the bootstrapping kernel in place and not to leave installed a
kernel known to the package manager.

Bob