Xserver follow-up + thanks!

Wow! I finally got to boot into my desktop! Thanks very much for this mail list, and
the community here. Nick's response to my problem really helped. I recommend to anyone
with xserver problems to have another look at those messages. (I saw there were some
questions here). I still have an inability to connect to the internet with debian. I
can't manually enter my modems port which is /dev/ttyS4. Some of the other distro let
me do that. I know this port is not standard, but I didn't know that when I built/put
together this computer. I also can't setup login/logout even though I click the modify
button in the desktop app (and become root) changes don't take effect.I don't know why?
For now I have to halt or reboot from a terminal. Thanks for the help JY

***Protect your PC from local E-Mail Application security holes***
***Maintain your Privacy - MS Passport Free***
***Anti SPAM "Whitelist" feature***

http://www.x-mail.net Web Based E-Mail, accessible anywhere

Voice Messages, VoIP, Video Conferencing, Live Chat,
X-Mail Messenger, Personal Web Hosting, 128 bit SSL Secure,
Calendar, Bookmarks, Forwarding, Virtual Mail Map Aliasing

X-Mail Premium: 20MB Messages, 100MB Storage, POP3, Ad Free
Anonymous Web Surfing http://www.snoopblocker.com
Search http://www.teradex.com