Re: (OT) Team programming tools

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 04:23, Benedict Verheyen wrote:

> For instance a doc explaining how to set up Subversion/CVS and
> showing how one can use these and other tools to work efficient?
> I would like to start using cvs here, tools like diff and make our
> programming team use it but if it takes to much time, management
> won't let me do it.

This is a little difficult to grasp.  How does your team handle versions
of it's work now?  And what language/environment are you coding for?

The idea that management won't let an existing team use tools makes me
think there's some other background here, and we need to know that in
order to give sensible answers.  Is it rather that there is an existing
tool set in place already that isn't useful for your group?

A manager too dumb to allow a programming team to organize their work
defies sense.

Bret

--
bwaldow at alum dot mit dot edu