Re: explanation of the noise (was Re: Norton AntiVirus detected and quarantined a virus in a message you sent.)

On 20 Aug 2003 20:16:26 -0400
Bret Comstock Waldow <bwaldow@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> Don't send it as an attachment - inline it.  Malware must be sent as an
> attachment - information can be put in the body (although someone might
> want to send a screen capture or something).

    Because the average message is larger than 2k.  And no, I don't think
those should be inlined for some very good reasons.  Not allowing
non-subscribers to send mail would go a long way.