Re: fetchmail: choking on invalid headers

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 19:31, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> I'm having increasingly frequent problems with fetchmail choking on
> invalid email headers.  The result is an error exit status (return code
> = 2), and piling up of mail on my ISP's POP server.  Given my mail load
> and the limited storage offered, this can lead to bounces in a day or
> so.
<snip>
the past thread was about fetchmail(all versions) choking on the D-U
list because  the list was issuing bad header. Is your error with all
mail? The problem was noted to be that fetchmail tried to deliver mail
locally with sendmail/exim and sendmail/exim verified the email headers
and returned an error back to fetchmail. Then fetchmail choked.
Once answer was to stop the header verification.
-K