Re: Debian Installation on Apple's PowerBook G4

On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 10:15:38PM +0200, Christian Banik wrote:
> my problem is partition the HD.  I will use MacOSX and Linux. I've got
> the following questions:

You'll have a better chance of getting useful answers if you ask on
debian-powerpc instead of debian-user

> -Can i use the root Mac OS X Partion as Debian /home Partition because
> of MP3's (i think that's not possible)?

Probably not

> -Should i install MacOSx first or Debian?

I followed http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook/ on my ibook. There
will probably be some differences, but I guess the major steps will be
the same.

> -Are 4 GB enougth for Debian's Mac Version (on my x86 Platform 2 GB are
> enougth)?

Depends on what you want to do. The size requirements will not vary much
between architectures.

Frank