Re: apt and changelogs

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 06:10:19PM -0500, Matt Peter wrote:
| hello,
|
| Is there a debian-way of viewing the changelog for an app?  I can
| usually find them .gz'd up on my system, but it's a hassle, is there
| any simple way to view a changelog?

Is
    $ vim /usr/share/doc/<foo>/changelog.Debian.gz
really such a hassle?

Or, if you prefer
    $ zcat /usr/share/doc/<foo>/changelog.Debian.gz | $PAGER

vim will automatically gunzip a .gz file when you tell it to open it.
zcat is just like cat, except it gunzips the file first.

HTH,
-D

--
Consider what God has done:
    Who can straighten what He has made crooked?

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/