Re: Newbie question on partitioning (primary/logical drive ?)

ThinKer wrote:

How should I allocate this space?  I deleted one of the drives and
selected 'NEW'. Then it asks me [Primary] [Logical] [Cancel] , so I
selected 'Primary'. Gave it the full size and now I have no idea what to
do. I am not really sure what I just did.

Oh yeah; I meant to mention. IDE drives can only have four primary partitions. So if you only have four partitions on a drive, they can all be primary. If you have more than four, one of the primary partitions gets used up (invisibly in cfdisk) as a container for one or more logical partitions, so you could then have three primaries max, with logicals in the fourth primary.

--
Kent