.procmailrc/.muttrc conflict ?

Hi, I have been frustrated because messages have not been going into designated
folders. It may be due to a .procmailrc / .muttrc incompatibility.

Environment variables in .procmailrc are  ...

PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
DEFAULT=/var/spool/mail/adam
LOCKFILE=$HOME/.lockmail
SHELL=/bin/bash
LINEBUF=4096
VERBOSE=yes
#LOGFILE=$HOME/Mail/procmaillog
FORMAIL=/usr/bin/formail
SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail
DROPPRIVS=yes
DISPLAY=localhost:0
XAUTHORITY=/home/adam/.Xauthority
SED=/bin/sed
LBDBFETCH=/usr/bin/lbdb-fetchaddr
MESSAGE="/usr/local/bin/gmsgp --no_hscrollbar -f -"

... and in .muttrc

#source ~/.mutt/common
set realname="Adam Bogacki"
my_hdr  From: Adam Bogacki <afb@paradise.net.nz>
my_hdr X-message-Flag: Don\'t you wish you were using Free Software? http://fsf.org
set pop_host = pop3.paradise.net.nz
set folder=~/Mail
set mbox=~/Mail/IN.All
set record=~/Mail/Sent
set spoolfile=~/Mail/IN.All
#for a Maildir based host [according to jdub@perkypants.org.au]
#set mbox_type=Maildir
#set mbox=~/Maildir/
#set folder=~/Maildir/
#set record="~/Maildir/.Sent Items/"
#set spoolfile=~/Maildir/
mailboxes /var/spool/mail/adam
mailboxes /home/adam/Mail/IN.DebianUserDigest
mailboxes /home/adam/Mail/IN.DebianUserPolish
mailboxes /home/adam

You'll notice that .procmail uses Maildir to define a mailbox, yet when I uncomment the Maildir lines in the .muttrc, I get the error message that "Maildir is not a mailbox". I'm stuck with the 'IN.All' folder into which a number of high volume lists get dumped,
including debian-user-digest. The procmaillog folder is also empty.

These must be a simple way to fix this - I've had mutt folder recipes working before
and miss their usefullness.

Adam Bogacki,
afb@paradise.net.nz